Mission - OrthoTraining
The mission of OrthoTraining is to provide an exceptional fully-automated interactive online teaching and learning system and standardized training in orthodontics to dental professionals such as:
- Orthodontic Assistants in performing advanced orthodontic assisting procedures like placing, adjusting, and removing braces
- Orthodontic Post-Graduate Students in basic orthodontic procedures
- Practicing orthodontists in new orthodontic procedures with science-based evidence and without commercial bias
- General dentists in basic orthodontic new patient exam, basic analysis of orthodontic records, and orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning so that the dentist will know when to observe a patient, refer a patient to an orthodontic specialist, or provide limited basic clear aligner therapy to a patient at the highest standard of orthodontic care
- Dental Assistants in note taking of the dentist’s findings from the New Patient Orthodontic Clinical Exam of a patient, production of and quality review of all orthodontic records taken on a patient (including cephalometric analysis) so that the dentist may make an accurate diagnosis
- Dental students in basic orthodontic patient exam, basic analysis of orthodontic records, and orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning so the dentist will know when to observe a patient, refer a patient to an orthodontic specialist, or provide limited basic clear aligner therapy at a high standard of orthodontic care
- Dental Hygienists in performing a basic orthodontic patient exam, a summary of the need for orthodontic records, and a summary of the anticipated treatment the dentist will recommend such as observing the patient, referring the patient to an orthodontic specialist, or providing limited basic clear aligner therapy.
It is anticipated that upon completion of assigned courses and some hands-on practice, each user will be able to perform orthodontic procedures well and provide high-quality orthodontic care to patients.
Using OrthoTraining’s innovative interactive educational course design, high-quality student learning is automatically standardized. Using OrthoTraining’s open-source Learning Management System that can be added to any college-level platform, each student’s learning activities are automatically tracked and measured generating course completion data. This data is algorithmically analyzed and automatically reported on the student’s OrthoTraining Student Dashboard Report. This document reports the progress of each student in completion of assigned courses, which may be shared with a mentor or supervisor or input to a course grade sheet and be used as documentation of training for licensure.
Using the OrthoTraining system, training in basic orthodontic concepts and procedures may be learned by dentists and their teams so they may deliver competent quality basic orthodontic care to their patients. Advanced orthodontic concepts and treatment procedures may be easily taught to orthodontic residents and orthodontists and their teams globally using the technology and automation of the OrthoTraining system. New scientific orthodontic concepts may be instantly shared with orthodontic professionals around the world using the OrthoTraining System.